We recently updated our Ultimate Guide to Summer Crochet. And now it’s time to update this one – our Ultimate Guide to Summer Knitting. After all, we love both knitting and crochet here on the Marly Bird team.
Knit and Crochet Summer Roundups
We do lots of themed pattern roundups here and often we include both knitting and crochet in them. We have a few of these summer crochet and knitting pattern roundups. We already included these in the ultimate crochet guide, so we won’t belabor the point. However, all of these roundups are perfect for knitting in the summer, so we don’t want to leave them out either:
- 44 Free Crochet and Knit Beach Projects. After all, there are so many fun things to knit for the beach!
- Knit and Crochet Sandals Patterns. Make summer shoes for all ages.
- 10 Free Knit and Crochet Spring Shawls Patterns. Here’s another bicrafty roundup that’s perfect for summer crafting.
Best Summer Knitting Patterns: Clothing and Accessories
Knitting summer clothing is a great way to add to your wardrobe. There are a surprising number of summer knits that are fashionable, breathable, and fun to craft. Start with these 20 free lightweight knit tops. You’ll find tanks, tees, and tunics that you can knit now, wear now, and layer up to wear throughout the rest of the year.
Many people find that lightweight knit sweaters are also perfectly suitable to summer. If you agree, then check out our roundup of 10 free knit and crochet spring / summer sweater patterns.
As we mentioned yesterday, shawls are great in the summer. Whether it’s a breeze in the evening or the AC in a movie theater, sometimes it does get cold. A knit shawl is the perfect solution. So check out our roundup of nearly two dozen free knit summer shawls patterns.
Marly Bird Spring / Summer KAL Patterns
Don’t forget to check out our roundup of the past five years of Marly Bird / Yarnspirations spring knit-alongs. Although they happen in the spring, each of the makes is also really great for summer. In fact, Yarnspirations calls the vest My First Summer Knit Vest. These are all great accessories that you can make today and enjoy wearing immediately.
Knit Beach Bags and Farmer’s Market Bags
We often have to carry extra stuff with us in the summer. Therefore knit tote bags make perfect sense. Check out the Seaside Knit Beach Bag pattern. We also have 10 Free Knit Bag Patterns and the Vacation Knit Project Bag.
Tips for Summer Knitting
People don’t always like to knit in the summer. On the one hand, there are lots of great daylight hours to enjoy knitting. On the other hand, it’s often warm and knitting might feel uncomfortable. However, if you choose the right projects and the right yarn, you can enjoy knitting all year long. So check out our 17 summer craft tips for easy summer crafting.
You Might Also Like:
- Summer Knits Book Reviews. Note that this is an older post so the giveaway isn’t still happening. However, the books are highly recommended.
- It’s Not Too Late In The Year to Knit or Crochet a Temperature Blanket. Truly, you can start this as a summer project!
- Can I Take Knitting Needles on an Airplane? The answer is yes but make sure you read the details.