Summer is almost here! To prepare, start knitting a summer shawl today. These nearly two dozen free knit summer shawls patterns are perfect to get you going. Ofd course, They’re lightweight enough that you can enjoy crafting them in the summer. Then you can wear them, too!
Shawls really are the perfect accessory for summer. It’s hot outside during the day. However, indoors can be chilly when the AC is too high. These free knit summer shawls patterns will keep you warm enough in that cool air conditioning.
And if you’re outside at nighttime, especially if you’re near a lake, river, or the ocean, there’s often a breeze that can make you shiver. A lightweight shawl can easily be packed into you bag, and you’ll be surprised at how warm even a lace shawl can be on bare arms! Plus, of course, you can always layer these free knit summer shawls patterns over a variety of other clothing to wear throughout the year.
- Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl
- Pretty Triangle Knit Shawl
- Pastoral Lace Knit Shawl
- 8 Hour Shawl
- Shandeh’s Knit Cushy Lace Wrap
- Small Shapes Shawl
- Little Arrows Shawl
- Diamonds Sparkle Wrap
- Asymmetrical Knit Shawl
- Blocks Shawl
- Chevron Leaf Shawl or Scarf
- Shoulder Shawl
- Laid Back Shawl
- Lovely Knit Shawl
- Samantha’s Shawl
- Heirloom Shawl
- Have It Both Ways Knit Shawl
- Crescent Knit Shawl
- Knit Triangular Shawl
- Subtle Leaves Knit Shawl
- Diamond Lace Wrap
- Chevron Lace Shawl or Scarf Set
- Knit Shawl on the Bias
Choosing a Knit Shawl to Make
There are so many great free knit summer shawls patterns to choose from. So, how do you decide which one to make?
Shapes of Shawls
First of all, think about the shawl shape that you want to make. There are circle shawls, triangle shawls, half circle shawls, rectangular shawls. People prefer different shapes both for crafting and for wearing. If you consider that then you’ll narrow down your options.
Shawl Knitting Skill Level
Next, think about your knitting level. Are you a beginner looking for a shawl with a simple stitch pattern? On the other hand, maybe you really want to push your knitting skills with an advanced technique. Each of these free knit summer shawls patterns clearly indicates on the pattern description whether it’s a beginner, easy, intermediate, or advanced pattern.
Other Factors for Choosing A Knit Summer Shawl Pattern
Here are some other things to take into consideration:
- What fiber do you want to knit with? Bamboo, silk, and some acrylic yarn are nice to knit with in warmer weather.
- How heavy of a fiber are you seeking? Knit summer shawls made with #1 and #2 yarn weights can be good choices.
- What size shawl are you seeking? Chances are that you want a smaller shawl for the warmer months. However, perhaps you want a shawl that doubles as a picnic blanket.
- What’s the best color for summer? Of course, you can change the shawl color with yarn selection.
Of course, you can always just go with your gut instinct. If you click on one of these free knit summer shawls patterns and immediately love it, then that’s the one to craft.