These knit and crochet spring shawls are a great light layer to add to your wardrobe. They work for spring but will also still be comfortable throughout much of the summer. Plus you can turn many of them into early autumn shawls. Versatile, they’re perfect for gifting, donating to charity, and enjoying yourself.
Free Knit Spring Shawl Patterns
- Pastoral Lace Knit Shawl. This bright green cotton triangle knit shawl pattern is a light and breeze statement maker.
- Crescent Knit Shawl. This knit shawl is made with silk bamboo yarn. It’s light and yet cozy. One of the great things about shawls is that there are so many different shapes you can make them in. Try a variety of different designs in order to find the shawl shapes that really fit your style the best.
- Shifting Stripes Shawl. This is an easy knit shawl that elevates any outfit. It’s got sophisticated colors and easy wearable style.
- Subtle Leaves Knit Shawl. Yarnspirations describes this as “an intermediate knit triangular lace shawl that’s a great introductory pattern for lace knitting.” Lace is always a good choice for shawls that you’re planning to wear during the warmer months of the year.
Free Crochet Spring Shawl Patterns
- Delicate Shells Crochet Shawl. Knit and crochet spring shawls patterns look terrific in subtle pastel colors like this one showcases. Honestly almost any lightweight shawl makes a good spring shawl. Working it in spring and summer colors just makes it that much more useful in terms of fitting into your wardrobe.
- Chic and Strong Crescent Shawl. Of course I always love knit and crochet shawls patterns that use Chic Sheep yarn. This is one of those great springtime designs. As mentioned above when looking at knit shawls, the crescent is just one of many great shawl shapes. It’s such a classic that’s fun to craft and easy to wear.
- Yes Yes Crochet Shawl. Some of the best knit and crochet spring shawls patterns are those with lacy, openwork designs. After all, you want the breeze to come through on those warmer spring and summer days. There are so many different versions of crochet lace. Let yourself have fun with these patterns.
- Floral Shawl. Here’s another beautiful lace crochet shawl pattern. It’s worked in a single color so it goes with an array of different outfits. The stitch pattern is beautiful. If you want to make a shawl that will have people asking in awe, “did you crochet that?” then this is that shawl pattern.
- Pinwheel Crochet Shawl. Most crochet spring shawls are made in rows. However, this unique design uses motifs instead. The pinwheel square is delicate but boldly graphic at the same time. Make this in the suggested red, white, and blue colors for a patriotic crochet shawl. It’s perfect to wear on Memorial Day and Fourth of July. Of course, you could also choose different colors to make it more versatile to wear all spring and summer long. The same pattern worked in autumnal colors would also be terrific later in the year.
- Lace Edge Shawl. Crochet this shawl from the tip to the top. It’s fun to work on because you get the opportunity to practice the unique Solomon’s Knot. That’s one of those crochet techniques that you don’t see nearly enough.