2020 has been a hard year so far but I am determined to find some light and joy yet! So, let’s take a look at what the top rated blogs or posts are for 2020…so far on the Marly Bird Website. Here are the Marly’s Minions Favorites!
HOW I CHOOSE WHAT TO KNIT OR CROCHET
Every month I take a look at google analytics for my website to see what all of you are looking at the most. I figure that if you are looking at it, that means you want more of it so I then try to design, teach, and plan around those topics. For me, it is a starting off point as I plan my knitting and crochet content. Including but not limited to the free patterns, the instructional posts, the round ups, and what I put on the Marly Bird YouTube Channel.
KNITTING SHARKS VS CROCHET JETS
Over the years the interests of knitters vs crochters have been very different. Knitters have typically wanted more accessories and garments, where as crocheters prefer more home decor and crochet amigurumi. But 2020 has turned that upside down.
See, since I entered into this world of yarn craft, all too often I’ve experienced a mentality of us vs them or The Sharks vs the Jets when it comes to Knitters vs Crocheters. But if the top searched posts and patterns here on the Marly Bird website shows us anything, it is that WE are way more alike than we are different when it comes to our interest.
WHAT YOU WANT FROM MARLY BIRD
It really shouldn’t surprise me the items you all want and search for here on the Marly Bird website has changed so much in 2020 vs 2019. I mean, 2020 has really changed a LOT for many of us. Of course it is going to bleed over into our craft (and yarn buying habits).
Okay, okay, I am going to tell you! So, the most interesting and totally awesome thing I noticed is that in 2020, the top posts and pages are a 50/50 mix of knitting patterns and crochet patterns!!!!! Which means, my assumption that my audience is a good mix of both of the crafts is spot on. And that makes me REALLY HAPPY!
Being able to offer all of you quality knitting and crochet patterns for the beginners out there, for the intermediates out there, and for some of you advanced crafters, brings me so much joy. So thank you for allowing me to do it.
WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU
Here are the top 10 posts or pages on the Marly Bird website for 2020….so far.
- This one doesn’t surprise me because you asked for it for over 2 years! 🧦
- Classic Crochet Stitches for the win (plus a little something new) ❤️
- Friends make everything more fun, especially KAL/CAL’s 🎉
- Hands Down 🌈 The BEST instructions on the internet for this technique
- One of my favorites and also another fun event (will you join next year?)
- I am making a blanket with this technique and can’t wait to share 🥰
- Another collaboration with a friend and a fan favorite 🎄
- I use this every night! 🧼
- This one only comes around every 4 years 🐝 Ready to Fall in ❤️
- Of the 3 events I’ve done, I think this is my favorite knit version 🏈
So, what do you think of these? Are they your favorite too? Is yours listed? If not, let me know which on is your favorite. Tell me on social media. Use #MarlyBird so I can find your comment and #SmashYourLikeButton.