Textured patterns are any patterns that aren’t smooth. There are many ways to create textured patterns, but they all involve varying the type of stitch you do. Bobbles and popcorns are common ways to add texture: they make little balls on the surface of your fabric. Post stitches, which are used in crochet cable patterns, are another option. You can also do all over textured such as seed stitch.
Additionally, textured patterns are fun to crochet! You can expand your skills when you stitch them, and have something interesting to touch when you’re done. Textures are a great way to add interest to a project in a single color of yarn. Solid colors help the textures stand out.
Below are free crochet texture patterns from some of your favorite bloggers and from Yarnspirations. They’re all ready for you to download and get stitching!
Textured Patterns to Wear
Hats and scarves are great for texture! Make a beanie pop with rows of post stitches, or have bobbles all over a scarf.
- Wings of Hope Hat by Marly Bird
- The Heather Super Scarf by The Loopy Lamb
- Jelly Beanie by Loops and Love Crochet
- Bold Lines Beanie by The Purple Poncho
- Winter Rays Hat by Ned & Mimi
- Edgewater Hat by Two Brothers Blankets
- Pineapple & Pine Headband by A Plush Pineapple
- Sheridan Ridge Slouchy Hat by Through The Loop Yarn Craft
- Chic Cable Beanie by My Hobby is Crochet
- Crochet Hat with Bobbles by Marly Bird
- Twisted Bliss Pocket Scarf by Twisted Crochet
- The Sideways Jumper by Blue Star Crochet
- Autumn Crunch Fingerless Gloves by Pine Tree Crochet
- Chunky Textured Pocket Scarf by Hooked On Patterns
- All Around Happy Cowl by Crochet With Mary Beth
- Avery Hat by Edie Eckman
- Scrap Yarn Scarf by Noors Knits
Textured Items for Your Home
Blankets and pillows are common items to add texture to. Using textured stitches means you’ll want to display them front and center in your living area. Texture on other items, such as bags or a trivet, add an unusual twist that will delight those who see it.
- Bobble Chevron Striped Crochet Blanket by Yarnspirations
- Tunisian Crochet Beehive Baby Blanket by Raffamusa Designs
- Bobbleberry Washcloth by Emma Wilkinson Designs
- Mock Cable Crochet Blanket by Yarnspirations
- Misty Morning Throw by The Graceful Tangle
- Fidget/Sensory Blanket by Loopingly Made
- Textured Life Crochet Blanket by Yarnspirations
- Leaf Wiggle Trivet by Moogly
- Yarn Ball Stress Reliever by Blackstone Designs
- Bobbly Fringe Crochet Blanket by Yarnspirations
- Laptop Bag by Handmade by Raine
- Checkerboard Textures Throw by Yarnspirations
- Blooming Granny Square Baby Afghan by Marly Bird
- Loop Stitch Chevron Crochet Pillow by Yarnspirations
- The Bobblelicious Bag by The Loopy Lamb
- Bobble-Licious Pillows by Yarnspirations