Crochet cables add interest and texture to your patterns. Don’t miss these 11 FREE designs from crochet bloggers! There are beanies, a sweater, headbands and other accessories, and home decor items.
Crochet cables are made using post stitches, which go around stitches in the row below instead of into stitches in the row below. Post stitches “pop out” from the fabric and allow for textures and designs to be made.
- Diamonds & Twist Cabled Beanie by A Crocheted Simplicity All-over cables highlight your stitching with this beanie.
- Alicia Ear Warmer by Desert Blossom Crafts This cable pattern gives the illusion of a gathered headband with no actual gather.
- Neo Mint Cable Hat by HanJan Crochet Cables all around this beanie are a classic design.
- Cabled Pocket Scarf by Hooked On Patterns Cabled pockets accessorize this trendy pocket scarf.
- Roma Beanie by Rebekah Haas Crochet A beautiful beanie with a single cable design.
- Woven Cable Basket by Nicki’s Homemade Crafts A textured basket, reminiscent of real basket weaving, helps you organize your life and looks cute doing it.
- Tunisian Concept Cowl by Raffamusa Designs A tall Tunisian crochet cowl will keep you cozy in cold weather.
- Nivis Cardigan by Joy of Motion Crochet Cables down the sleeves of this cardigan are a welcome and surprising touch!
- Crossroads Headband by Two Brothers Blankets A simple crossed cable along the center of this headband is a great introduction to crochet cables.
- Building Blocks Cushion by Dora Does Cables make up a textured geometric design on this cushion.
- One Skein Soft Essentials Cowl by Marly Bird Use crochet cables and shells in the same cowl and learn multiple techniques at once. Plus, there’s a free video tutorial!