Knit and Crochet for Mom
I love to make handmade items for the people who are special in my life. And who is more special than Mom? Whether your mom is your biological mom or someone who simply plays a mom role in your life, she certainly deserves something sweet that tells her you enjoy putting time into making her happy. That’s why today I’ve rounded up all of the past Mother’s Day knit and crochet posts from this blog. Plus I’ve included some fresh links to some of the best things to knit or crochet for Mom. They’re all rich in Mother’s Day gift ideas that will make the moms out there feel loved.
Meet Marly’s Mom
Before we get into the patterns, I just had to remind you that a few years back I did a whole series of YouTube knitting lessons where I taught my mom how to knit. So many people have said that they loved this series. Of course, the point is that you can learn to knit alongside my mom, step by step. For that reason, these videos are the perfect compliment to the BiCrafty Boot Camp: Knitting Lessons for Crocheters happening right now. (It’s not too late to join in; get the details here.) However, what people really loved the most was meeting my mom. And seeing the banter between us.
Here’s the first video in that series if you want a glimpse. And you can find the rest free on YouTube).
59 Free Mother’s Day Patterns (Knit and Crochet)
If you’re looking for free Mother’s Day knit and crochet patterns then look no further than this recent post. We rounded up nearly five dozen different patterns that are perfect for Mother’s Day crafting.
Some favorites include:
- an eyeglasses case
- the classic “mom” bookmark (which gives you a chance to practice filet crochet)
- five different Mother’s Day knit and crochet flower bouquet patterns.
That post also links to other Mother’s Day knit and crochet and yarn projects that are available here on the site. Those include:
- 15 Free Mother’s Day Crochet and Knit Patterns. This was a designer blog hop a few years ago. All of the patterns make great choices to give to Mom.
- More Free Mother’s Day Ideas from Red Heart. There are just so many great ideas of things to make Mom!
- 20 Free Mommy and Me Knit and Crochet Patterns. Make one of these pairs as a “grandma and me” for your mom and kids or gift the set to a new mom friend in your life.
- An Easy Mother’s Day Yarn Project that requires no knit or crochet skills; this is a fun one to make with the grandkids
- And Other Mother’s Day Gift Ideas if you’re looking for something different to try
More Knit and Crochet for Mom from My Favorite Designers
Of course, my blog isn’t the only one that offers great Mother’s Day knit and crochet ideas. (Although this is the only one where you can get to know my own great Mom!) Here are some of the recent, wonderful knit and crochet roundups from other designer’s blogs:
- Make a Crochet Mother’s Day Card. Creativities has put together a series of different ideas and free patterns for adorning a card with crochet. Brilliant! And also a quick and easy way to make something special for mom at the last minute.
- 20 Crochet Patterns to Make for Mother’s Day. Christa Co Design has put together this roundup of other designers’ crochet garment and accessory patterns for Mom. It includes designs from Loopy Lamb, Desert Blossom Crafts, Blue Star Crochet and others.
- 30 Crochet Patterns for Mother’s Day. Two Brothers Blankets has put together another great collection that includes spa sets, flowers, a beautiful beaded crochet eyeglass case and more.
- Mother’s Day Knit and Crochet Wearables for Spring. I was thrilled to see that Aabhar Creations included my Half Circle Garter Stitch Shawl knitting pattern is this roundup. It really does make a beautiful gift for any Mom.
Of course, every single Mom is unique. Your mom might be completely nontraditional. However, there’s almost certainly a pattern out there for her. Whether she’s a Star Wars fanatic, collects unicorns, or is obsessed with being eco-friendly, there’s a crafter’s approach to gifting for her.
Leave a Comment