2019 is an AMAZING year for both Red Heart and Yarnspirations! This is the year that they are joining forces and becoming one large yarn hub. Now that we are all one big happy family I am joining in for the 2019 Stitch Along with JOANN and Yarnspirations. Want to know how this stitch along works, what you will need, what you will make and more? Find all of the details in this announcement of the 2019 Bernat Stitch Along.
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on one of these links and making a purchase a portion will go to the blog. The price you pay will not change and the small commission I receive helps me to keep brining you free content and giveaways on the blog. Thank you for your continued support.*
What is a Stitch Along:
Let’s start at the very beginning. If you aren’t familiar with the term ‘stitch-along’ let me explain it to you.
Most of you might know about a crochet along or a knit along, we have been doing them for a few years with Red Heart. This is a little different in the fact that we are offering both a knit and crochet version of this project so that we can all work together! Knitter and crocheters alike can join in and participate in this project.
A stitch along is a group of people coming together to knit/crochet the same project in the same timeframe. The best part about this stitch along is that there will be video tutorials for both versions each week!
I will only be teaching the knitting version of the stitch along and will being joining Mikey from the Crochet Crowed as he teaches the crochet version. Be sure to check out his post about the stitch along to see which version you like better!
Announcing the 2019 Bernat Stitch Along:
What Are We Making:
For our stitch along we will be making a beautiful Knit Festive Textures Afghan. Both the knit and crochet versions are very similar and you will enjoy either pattern that you decide to go with.
This blanket is knit with Bernat Blanket yarn in very modern colors. But you can choose any color combination you wish to make yours match your home.
This is a 6 week knit-along hosted by Marly Bird. The crochet-along is hosted by Mikey at The Crochet Crowd.
What Will I Need:
FINISHED BLANKET MEASUREMENTS Approx 44″ x 60″ [112 x 152.5 cm], excluding fringe.
- Bernat® Blanket™ (10.5 oz/300 g; 220 yds/201 m) Contrast A Sunsoaked (10918) 1 ball or 220 yds/201 m Contrast B Vintage White (10006) 2 balls or 318 yds/291 m Contrast C Deep Fuchsia (10928) 2 balls or 315 yds/288 m Contrast D Twilight (10905) 2 balls or 281 yds/257 m
- Size U.S. 11 (8 mm) circular knitting needle 36″ [91.5 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker
- Cable needle (for Week 4)
- 5″ [12.5 cm] wide piece of cardboard (for Week 6)
- Approx 10 yds/9 m of strong worsted weight yarn in a shade that will match Contrast A (for Week 6)
There will be a LARGE giveaway at the end of the stitchalong to 3 lucky people who finish their blanket by Oct. 31, 2019.
How to enter: Post a picture of you with your finished blanket with the hashtag #MarlyBirdStitchalong in at least one of the following places:
The winners will be chosen randomly and Marly will pick 1 from each FB Group and 1 from Instagram. Winners will be chosen announced Nov. 1, 2019.
Weekly Video Tutorials:
- Announcement-Released Monday August 26th
- Week 1-Released Monday September 9th
- Week 2-Released Monday September 16th
- Week 3-Released Monday September 23rd
- Week 4-Released Monday September 30th
- Week 5-Released Monday October 7th
- Week 6-Released Monday October 14th
Additional Color Combinations:
Picking out colors can sometimes be hard when you can’t put them together in front of you. Here are four other color options that you might enjoy.