Saturday, December 12 is National Gingerbread House Day! To celebrate, here are 20 free patterns from Yarnspirations and blogger friends for gingerbread houses, gingerbread people, and other gingerbread items. These gingerbread patterns, both free and paid, will last for years!
Gingerbread is a classic holiday treat, and making gingerbread houses and gingerbread people is a time-honored tradition. While these project can’t be eaten, they’re just as much fun to make and you can use them next year as well. Start your collection this year and add to it every season for an entire collection!
Projects to Wear
You and your family can wear these projects: an apron, a skirt, baby clothes, and boot cuffs!
- Gingerbread Man Apron by Yarnspirations
- Cookie Cutie Skirt by Nine Inspired
- Gingerbread Baby Set by Yarnspirations
- Peeping Gingerbread Boot Cuffs by Blackstone Designs
Projects for the Home
Gingerbread houses and people can be crocheted in all kinds of projects for the home! Throws, baskets, table setting items, and more can be covered with representations of your favorite treat.
- Gingerbread Stockings by Yarnspirations
- Crochet Gingerbread Blanket by Repeat Crafter Me
- Gingerbread House Throw by Yarnspirations
- Gingerbread Man Gift Basket by Blackstone Designs
- Gingerbread House Basket by Amelia Makes
- Gingerbread Hugs Gift Card Holder by Salty Pearl Crochet
- Gingerbread Belly Pot Holder by Blackstone Designs
- Gingerbread Belly Flatware Holder by Blackstone Designs
- Gingerbread House Applique and Granny Square by Raffamusa Designs
- Gingerbread Man Granny Square by Raffamusa Designs
Dress your tree with these ornaments of gingerbread houses and people.
- Gingerbread Boy Ornament by Yarnspirations
- Gingerbread Tree Ornaments by Yarnspirations
- Christmas Ornaments by Yarnspirations
- Gingerbread House Ornaments by Yarnspirations
- Gingerbread Cookie Family by Hooked On Patterns
- Gingerbread Smilies by Hooked On Patterns