It’s okay if you are not ready for this part yet. When you are, it will be here! Turkey Trot – Knitting – 2020. Remember, you have extra time to finish this piece completely!
Knitting Turkey Trot 2020
To Fit Size
*the smaller of the two sizes is more of a one size fits all, and the larger size is a little bit larger
S-XL: 64” (162.5 cm) chest circumference x 22″ (56 cm) length
2XL-5XL: 75.5” (192 cm) chest circumference x 30” (76 cm) length
18 sts 24 rows = 4″ (10 cm) in stockinette stitch
- The amounts are an estimated amount (because I don’t know what yarn YOU are using) so to make sure you have enough for the project, have at least the yardage listed for the size you are making
- Size S-XL: 1500 yds
- Size 2XL-5XL: 2200 yds
US 9 (5.5 mm) 24” circular 2 pair & 60” circular 1 pair, or size required for gauge
Cable needle, yarn needle, stitch markers, contrasting color string for holding stitches
- beg – begin(ning)
- k – knit
- K2tog – knit 2 together
- K2togtbl – knit two together through the back leg
- K1tbl – knit through the back leg
- p – purl
- P1tbl – purl 1 through the back leg
- pat – pattern
- Pm – place marker
- rep – repeat
- RS – right side
- Sk2p – Slip 1 as if to knit, k2tog, pass slipped st over.
- sl – slip
- Slm – slip marker
- st(s) – stitches
- WS – wrong side
- wyif – with yarn in front
- Yo – yarn over
C2B (cable 2 back): slip 1 st onto cable needle and hold in back, k1, from left hand needle, p1 from cable needle.
C2F (cable 2 front): slip 1 st onto cable needle and hold in front, p1 from left hand needle, k1 from cable needle.
- Sizes are written for the smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
- For a petite larger size follow the stitch count for the larger size but row count for the smaller size.
- For a tall smaller size follow the stitch count for the smaller size but the row count for the larger size.
- Work both fronts at the same time using separate needles and yarn to ensure matching sides.
- Add life lines as you work along.
- Circular needles are recommended to accommodate large number of sts. Do not join; work back and forth in rows.
KNITTING TURKEY TROT 2020 PATTERN
🚨 MARLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDS ADDING A LIFELINE TO YOUR WORK AS OFTEN AS YOU WISH. You have gotten this far and don’t want to have an unfixable mess up. Do yourself a favor and add a lifeline so you have a point to go back to should you mess up! 🚨
FINAL RIBBING TO MATCH FRONT
Row 1 (RS): K1, *k2, p2; repeat from * to last 3 stitches, k3.
Row 2 (WS): K1, *p2, k2; repeat from * to last 3 stitches, p2, k1
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until this piece measures 2” (5 cm) from the marked row.
Bind off all sts loosely in patt.
Measure up 12 (18)” (30.5 [45.5] cm) from the lowest edge on each front and back and place markers. Seam front to back between marker to the hem, leaving the upper 10 (12)” (25.5 [30.5] cm) open for the armhole. Rep on the both sides.
POCKET TRIM (make 2) one on each front
Return the 32 held pocket sts on one front to a needle, join yarn with the RS facing.
Row 1 (RS): K1, [p2, k2] seven times, p2, k1.
Row 2 (WS): K1, [k2, p2] seven times, k3.
Row 3 (RS): K1, [p2, k2] seven times, p2, k1.
Bind off all sts loosely in patt.
Seam sides of pocket trim to front.
Seam pocket lining to the inside of the front.
Weave in all loose ends.
Block to measurements.
So stick with it and know that it doesn’t matter when you finish, just as long as you do.