You might not think of summer as the perfect “wear you crochet” weather but there are some opportunities to break out your favorites when worked with a lightweight yarn. Here is a collection of 10 FREE lightweight crochet summer shawls that I know you will love.
Yarn Options for Crochet Summer Shawls:
Making a shawl for the summer months might sound like an oxymoron. Knit and crochet shawls can be used throughout the summer if you think through the pattern you are selecting.
Combining yarn and stitch pattern are what is going to give you success with making a lightweight shawl. If you are using a heavier yarn, like a worsted weight, it is better to use a more open pattern. This will allow your project to breath.
Working with a more closed stich pattern consider using a lighter weight yarn, like a fine weight.
Cotton and linen yarns are great for summer project. Be aware that if you choose cotton that it does have a tendency to stretch over time, specifically if it gets wet. Always swatch and test the swatch to see what happens after blocking and hanging, if it will be worn.
Summertime shawls are a great option to keep the chill off your shoulders in the evening but they can also transition into the fall and winter as a extra layer. Pick a pattern that you love and get started.
10 FREE Lightweight Crochet Shawls:
- Dixie Charm Shawl by ELK Studio
- Carillon Shawl by TL Yarn Crafts
- Whysper Wrap by Noowul Designs
- Slightly Off Shawl by Jessie at Home
- Winter Indulgence Wrap by Pattern Paradise
- Bluebonnet Shawl by Marly Bird
- Autumn Jewels Wrap by Pattern Paradise
- Pixie Shawlette by Moogly
- Spring Shells Shawl by Jessie at Home
- Jewel Tone Lotus Wrap by YARNutopia