This is it! Crochet Turkey Trot 2020 – Day 6!
Oh yes, there will be prizes!!! After the final clue is released (11/30/20) you will then have 2 weeks to complete your project. Any finished project image that is posted on the special thread in the Marly’s Minions Facebook group will be entered for a chance to win… ETA: you can post on instagram as well but you MUST use the hashtag!
Criteria for chance to win:
- You must have a finished project by 11:59pm ET DECEMBER 14, 2020! *I extended the due date so we can all have a chance to get it complete!
- Photo of your finished project must be posted in the Marly’s Minions group in the photo thread (if you post your photo anywhere else it will not be an entry to win) ETA: you can post on instagram as well but you MUST use the hashtag!.
There is 1 prize for every 50 entries. What does that mean? If 100 people enter photos on the special thread, we will give away two prizes. If 500 people enter photos of their finished project on the special thread we will give out 10 prizes!!! There will be a max giveaway of 20 total prizes.
All the winners will be randomly selected and the winners will be announced on Wednesday Dec. 16th on the Marly’s Minions FB Group.
Be sure to tell your friends to join us. The more who enter the more will win!!!
PURCHASE THE AD FREE PDF
Many of you have asked for it and here is the ad free pdf of the crochet turkey trot 2020 pattern. Once the mystery is completely over (and I can get a decent picture of the sample) I will add a better cover image.
Okay, now here is your clue
Below, you will find everything you should need for this Crochet Turkey Trot 2020 – Day 6 Clue! Make a note that each day there might be additional information after materials.
🍀 Good Luck 🦃
Crochet Turkey Trot 2020
To Fit Sizes
*the smaller of the two sizes is more of a one size fits all, and the larger size is a little bit larger
S-XL — 20.5” x 65″ (52.1 x 165.1 cm)
2XL-5XL — 24” x 71.5” (61 x 181.6 cm)
15 linked dc = 4” (10 cm); 14.5 sts x 10 rows in ribbing pattern = 4 x 3″ (10 x 7.6 cm); 3 shells x 8 rows in shells stitch pattern= 5.125 x 3.25” (13 x 8.3 cm), CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- The amounts are an estimated amount (because I don’t know what yarn YOU are using) so to make sure you have enough for the project, have at least the yardage listed for the size you are making
- Size S-XL: 1500 yds
- Size 2XL-5XL: 2200 yds
I/5.5mm or size to obtain gauge
Yarn needle, stitch markers, contrasting color string for holding stitches
SPECIAL STITCHES / TECHNIQUES
Stacked Double Crochet (Stacked Dc): (Do not ch 1 prior to making the first sc) Sc in first stitch, insert hook in between two legs of the base, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook.
Shallow Front Post Half Double Crochet (shallow fphdc): Yarn over, insert hook from the front of the work under the top 2 loops (“v” of the stitches) of indicated stitch to back the back of the work and out the front of the work through the top 2 loops of the next stitch not around the post of designated stitch, and yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook..
X-Stitch-back: skip 2 sts, dc in next st, ch 1, working behind dc just made, dc into the first skipped stitch
Linked DC: Insert hook into 2nd ch from hook, yarn over and pull up a loop, insert hook into 3rd ch from hook, yarn over and pull up a loop, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice (first linked dc made), *insert hook into horizontal bar (sliding hook from top to bottom of stitch, not to the back of the stitch) of previous linked dc, yarn over and pull up a loop, insert hook into next ch/st, yarn over and pull up a loop, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice; repeat from * across to end. When working next row, ch 2, insert hook into 2nd ch from hook and first st to pull up loops.
- Sizes are written for the smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
- The smaller size is written for a petite length.
- For taller size small follow the stitch count for the smaller size but the row count for the larger size.
- Work both fronts at the same time with separate balls of yarn (at the same point of color if not using a solid) to ensure matching sides.
- Front Post Stitch https://youtu.be/EdyOmRUS-cg
- Back Post Stitch https://youtu.be/q2GQMEE_0-E
- Shallow post stitches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFv7cLC7_mc
🎥 Marly will be doing a LIVE ZOOM ON THE MARLY BIRD YOUTUBE CHANNEL answer any questions and discuss the finishing at 12 pm ET.
CROCHET TURKEY TROT 2020 PATTERN
Fasten off one panel and leave yarn attached on the other panel, Turn.
Lay the two panels like this, with the final rows next to one another:
With the panel that still has the yarn attached to it, ch 2, remove hook, thread hook through first st on other panel, replace free loop on hook and pull through st, *hdc in next st on panel, remove hook, thread hook through next st on other panel, replace free loop on hook and pull through st: repeat from * across to end. Fasten off.
Join yarn to edge with sl st, ch 1, sc evenly across edge to opposite side, fasten off, weave in ends. Repeat on the other edge.
Pin the pocket in place on the ws of the fabric. With tapestry needle, whipstitch pocket in place.
You are done. If you enjoyed this Turkey Trot and want to have the pattern all in one place, NOW YOU CAN!
PURCHASE THE AD FREE PDF
Many of you have asked for it and here is the ad free pdf of the crochet turkey trot 2020 pattern.