Have you made a crochet cardigan yet? Whether for yourself or for someone else crochet cardigans are a great layering piece and we should all have at least one in our closet. Now you can learn how to make your first crochet cardigan with my NEW creativbug class.
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking one of the links and making a purchase a small portion will go to support the blog. The price that you pay is not changed. Thank you for your support of the blog.*
Who is the crochet cardigan class for:
This class is perfect for those of you who are skilled in your crochet work but haven’t yet attempted your first garment, or maybe struggled with your first garment before. Think of this class as a mini crochet-along. Each lesson coaches you through this oversized cardigan that’s simple to make and cozy to wear.
The cardigan is worked in one piece beginning with a double crochet and a simple shell stitch for a pop of texture on the back. Stitches are then cast on for the sleeves, and the front is worked as two separate panels before attaching a shawl collar that repeats the shell motif.
Class includes a downloadable pattern PDF in sizes XS (36″ bust) to 3XL (63″ bust).
What you will learn:
- Work a foundation double crochet
- Work a beginning double crochet
- Work a double crochet two together
- Cast on stitches mid-project
- Stitch a continuous arm and side seam
- Attach a collar
- Work a shell stitch
What comes with the class:
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Marly Bird on how to crochet a lacey cardigan
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and downloadable PDF pattern
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
- 7 (8, 10, 11) balls Red Heart Chic Sheep by Marly Bird™, Suede
- I/9 hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Split stitch markers
Why learn with creativebug:
Unlimited Classes For Just $4.95 a Month:
Unlike other online learning sites, Creativebug allows members unlimited access to over 600 classes for one low rate of $4.95 a month.
In addition to over 700 classes for instant viewing, Creativebug members can add one class a month to their personal library. Classes added to your library never expire, allowing members to tailor their learning experience to their needs and interests.
Enjoy Expert Instruction:
Learn from top designers and artists featured in Vogue, Martha Stewart Living, O Magazine and more. With new classes added weekly, there’s no limit to what you can learn, and make!
Download the mobile app to enjoy your favorite classes anytime, and anywhere you want.
Still worried about making the investment in the creativebug service? Signup for your free trial and take this class to test out what creativbug has to off. I am sure you will fall in love and want to test out many more of their classes.
Oh, by the way I have a few other classes with creativebug that you might want to check out.
- Crocheted Broomstick Lace Bracelet
- Entrelac Workshop
- Adding Duplicate Stitch to Knits
- Cabled Crochet
- Cabled Christmas Stocking
- Knitted Cocoon Cardigan
- Crochet Shawl Workshop
- Beaded Crochet
- Working Short Rows in Crochet