13 FREE Knit and Crochet Baby Projects
Need a gift for your next baby shower? Looking to make something in knit or crochet? I have collected 13 FREE knit and crochet baby projects that you can make from some of my favorite designer friends. Which will be your favorite?
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on one of these links and making a purchase a portion will go to the blog. The price you pay will not change and the small commission I receive helps me to keep bringing you free content and giveaways on the blog. Thank you for your continued support.*
Creating for Babies
Being a knitter and crocheter means that we are usually expected to make something for new babies. Most of the time we want to make something with our hands when going to a baby shower so it all works out in the end.
One of my friends and fellow Joy Creators, Nadia, is pregnant with her first baby. What better way to shower her baby boy with love than by making a ton of handmade items. Even though Nadia is a yarn lover herself we thought that it would be a kind gesture to send her items made with love from us.
Below you will find 13 FREE baby gift ideas that are either knit or crochet. Pick your favorite to make for your own child or as your next baby shower gift.
Nadia’s Baby Shower
Want to see Nadia open all of her presents? Over on the YARNutopia blog you will be able to see a video of Nadia opening all of our presents and her reactions.
As you can see in the video she was truly surprised and grateful for all of the wonderful gifts. The video made all of our hard work worth wild!
13 FREE Baby Gift Ideas in Knit and Crochet
- Baby Rattle Blanket by The Purple Poncho: It’s light weight and very soft square blanket. Made with one skein of yarn and a large crochet hook in half double crochet stitch for a fun and quick project.
- Stripy Baby Bear Hat by Fiber Flux: This is an adorable, very easy to stitch up hat that makes a great gift for a little one! Make set or gift it along with a matching blanket or tiny sweater.
- Snug as a Bug Baby Onesie by Pattern Paradise: The baby onesie front placket is designed to extend from the neckline to the crotch and closes with buttons, to make it easy to take the onesie off and put it back on for diaper changes.
- Arctic Baby Cardigan by My Hobby is Crochet: This cute little crochet baby cardigan featuring a knit look ribbing stitch.
- Essential Baby Sweater by Moogly: This will be your go-to, easy-peasy, every baby shower gift crochet pattern. It’s simple, basic, totally unisex – and super customizable!
- Oliver and Olivia Blanket by Marly Bird: The stitch pattern uses simple stitches but in a unique way which makes this an intermediate pattern but I think with a little patience a beginner crocheter can make this blanket.
- Two Color Baby Booites by Good Knit Kisses: Fold over baby booties with a twist! These simple baby booties are a classic foldover design with an added pop of color and texture.
- Top Knot Love by Jessie at Home: The Top Knot Love Hat knit pattern is made in sizes 0-3 months to toddler, and is plenty long so it can be folded up to fit your little one just right. The rib stitch throughout the hat also helps it grow with your little one.
- Drawstring Newborn Sleep Sack by Heart Hook Home: his top-down newborn drawstring sleep sack is the perfect, elegant baby shower gift. The drawstring for easy access at nighttime diaper changes is a nice little bonus!
- Camo Afghan by Crafting Friends Designs: This super soft blanket is worked from corner to corner to create a beautiful finished blanket.
- Easy-on No Scratch Baby Mitten Pattern by Oombawka Design Crochet: To make these mittens even more appropriate for our little babies, there are no button closures to worry about and there is no elastic to cut off the circulation and leave red marks on our baby’s wrists.
- Panda Lovey by Snappy Tots: I think loveys are cute for baby pix and also something for the little one to cuddle with when they get older.
- Sweet Dreams Angel Blanket by American Crochet: Crochet colorwork will make this blanket stand out from all of the others.