Knitting is a great past time where we can make many wonderful things for our self and others. Many times we are working on large projects. Try one of these small knit jewelry kits to have a great travel project and perfect gifts.
Knit jewelry is a fun small project for knitting lovers. It is an easy travel project, made easier with the great kits put together by Laura Nelkin. Laura has a collection of knit jewelry kits that has almost everything that you will need to make your piece. Add in some knitting needles, scissors and a darning needle and you are good to go!
Although there are so many amazing kits you can choose from we picked five that we wanted to feature and share with you. Which is your favorite?
Shop Laura’s Featured Kits:
- Echo Earrings: little knit bells worked from the top down in the round with pre-strung beads slipped up in between stitches.
- Filum Bracelet: simple beaded strand meant to be worn doubled around the wrist.
- Kairos Knit Cuff: Kairos uses a random beading technique on a simple 1 x 1 ribbing base that allows the beads to POP to the top of the fabric!
- Fetish Bracelet: Fetish is a wrap bracelet and a necklace! It is up to you which you want it to be, depending on the day! It is SUPER easy to lengthen or shorten Fetish depending on your desire….
- Loquita: Loquita starts with a beaded cast on at the bottom edge of the necklace and is worked inwards so that the inside edge is smaller than the outside edge, creating a “Victorian” style collar.
- SHOP ALL KITS
About Lara Nelkin
Laura is a prolific knitwear designer who LOVES sharing my passion for creating with others.
Laura lives in upstate New York, where the sunny season is short, leaving plenty of time to be indoors knitting. Though she has a degree in apparel design from Cornell University, she took to knitting years ago and hasn’t looked back.
Laura has been gracious enough to give us an Echo Earring Kit to giveaway to one of you! Please use the link below to enter the giveaway.
FINE PRINT: There is no purchases necessary for this giveaway. Only US residents may win the giveaway. By entering your email address below you will also be agreeing to sign up for the Marly Bird weekly newsletter.
PLEASE ONLY ONE ENTERY PER PERSON