Here is the Game Day Mystery Make-Along 2022 || 6 pm Knit Play. If you missed any of the plays, go back to the original blog post and get all the details you need.
You must complete each previous part of the mystery project before you can move on to the next.
Remember, should you have any questions please be sure to post in the Marly’s Minions Facebook Group!
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking one of these links and making a purchase a small portion of that purchase will go to support the blog. The price that you pay does not change. The small commission I make allows me to keep bringing you free patterns like this. Thank you for your continued support.*
20 sts and 24 rows = 4” [10 cm] in Fair Isle (Stockinette) Stranded Pattern.
Color A – Cobblestone Heather (Dark shade of color 1)
Color B – Dove Heather (Light shade of color 1)
Color C – Throne (Dark shade of color 2)
Color D – Pucker (Light shade of color 2)
Color E – Clementine (Neutral)
U.S. 7 [4.5 mm] and U.S. 8 [5 mm] 16” [40.5 cm]circular needles and set of 5 U.S. 8 [5 mm] dpn’s, or size required for gauge
Stitch markers, tapestry needle.
DPN – Double Pointed Needle
K – Knit
K2tog – Knit Two Together (decrease)
P – Purl
PM – Place Marker
St(s) – Stitches
Tbl – Through Back Loop
SPECIAL STITCHES OR TECHNIQUES VIDEO HELP
- Project is worked in the round on circular needles. Change to double-pointed needles when there are too few stitches to fit around the circular needle.
- Larger needles are used for the remaining plays.
- If you want to be sure you have a safety net as you knit, adding a lifeline to your project every so often will be helpful. Just to make sure you have a point to rip back to if something goes wrong. (video help)
- When working with two colors on the same row, use the stranded knitting (Fair Isle) technique.
- Keep the floats consistent on the wrong side of work…right hand color is bottom float, left hand color is top float.
- Do Not Twist the yarn when doing stranded knitting technique.
- When working from the chart, carry yarn not in use loosely across WS of work (as floats) but never over more than 5 sts.
- When it must pass over more than 5 sts, weave it over and under color in use (watch video for help). Again, the colors are never twisted around one another.
- Be careful when working the stranded knitting: keep the floats loose/not tight.
- Do Not Carry Yarn UP more than 2 rows! When there is a color change from round to round, and the color not in use will not be used in more than 2 rounds, cut yarn and leave a tail to weave in on the wrong side when color.
6 PM KNITTING PLAY 👇
Optional: Pom Pom
Make Pom Pom and Attach to hat.
Faux Fur Pom: https://youtu.be/0mytB8EYmls
How to make a Pom Pom: https://youtu.be/SZsaAVoYbkA
How to make MANY Pom Pom: https://youtu.be/7dtDLzj4OtY