Here is the Game Day Mystery Make-Along 2022 || 9 am Tunisian Crochet Play. If you missed any of the plays, go back to the original blog post and get all the details you need.
You must complete each previous part of the mystery project before you can move on to the next.
Remember, should you have any questions please be sure to post in the Marly’s Minions Facebook Group!
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking one of these links and making a purchase a small portion of that purchase will go to support the blog. The price that you pay does not change. The small commission I make allows me to keep bringing you free patterns like this. Thank you for your continued support.*
13 TSS and 13 rows = 4” [10 cm] x 4” [10 cm]; use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
WeCrochet Brava Worsted Weight (100% fiber content, 218 yds / 200 m, 3.5 oz/ 100 g, CYCA# 4 worsted), 1 ball each:
Color A: #28420 Cobblestone Heather (NEUTRAL COLOR)
Color B: #28442 Peacock
Color C: #28438 Mint
Color D: #26133 Caution
Color E: #28424 Cream
Size K/10.5 (6.5 mm) with 16” [40.5 cm] cord
Tapestry needle, Stitch Marker
Ch – Chain(s)
RS – Right Side
Sc – Single Crochet
Sc2tog – Single Crochet Two Together
St(s) – Stitch(es)
TSS- Tunisian Simple Stitch
TKS- Tunisian Knit Stitch
TPS- Tunisian Purl Stitch
TRS- Tunisian Reverse Stitch
WS – Wrong Side
Yo – yarn over
- Foundation Slip Stitch:
- First Stitch: Ch 1, insert hook into back ridge of chain, yarn over and pull up loop (2 loops on hook), yarn over and draw through 1 loop on hook (creates chain), draw through next loop on hook (creates slip stitch).
- Next Stitch: Insert hook into chain just created (vertical bar furthest from hook), yarn over and pull up a loop (2 loops on hook), yarn over and draw through both loops on hook (first loop creates chain, second creates slip stitch)
- Tunisian Simple Stitch (TSS): Insert hook from right to left into front vertical bar of next st, yarn over and pull up a loop.
- Tunisian Purl Stitch (TPS): Move yarn to front of work, insert hook from right to left into front vertical bar of next st, yarn over from front and pull up a loop.
- Tunisian Knit Stitch (TKS): Insert hook from front to back between front and back vertical bar of next st (under horizontal bars), yarn over and pull up a loop.
- “Work Loops off as normal” Yarn over and draw through 1 loop on hook, *yarn over, pull through 2 loops on hook; repeat from * to end.
- Directions are written flat. You can work the pattern in the round in a spiral, but it will create a jog where the first and last stitch meet. If you work in the round, you will need a double ended Tunisian hook, and to reduce the stitch pattern by 2 stitches.
- First loop on hook counts as a stitch. Alway skip the rightmost st on the edge.
- If you do not want to use the Foundation Slip Stitch as a start, you can chain instead. The foundation slip stitch helps the project not curl as much for the first rows.
On YouTube: https://youtu.be/QLluq756GZY
9 AM TUNISIAN CROCHET PLAY 👇
See stitch diagram for assistance.
66 Foundation Slip Stitches with color A
Row 1: Fwd: Pull up loop in 2nd st from hook (loop on hook counts as a st) and each st across. Rtn:Work loops off as normal — 66 sts
Rows 2-4: Fwd: Tks in next st, tps in next st, *tks in next 3 sts, tps in next st; repeat from * across to last 3 sts, tks in next 2 sts, tss in last st. Rtn: Work loops off as normal.
At the end of Row 4, change color to B.
Finished Measurements: 1.25” [3 cm] tall by 20” [51 cm] wide
Next Play @ 11 am!
Looking for the next clue? Head to the original blog post for all the details at 1 pm EST. Every two hours we will have a link to the new clue in that post.