17 Free Monkey Patterns to Knit and Crochet
Today is Monkey Day! This unofficial holiday celebrates monkeys around the world. This collection of patterns to knit and crochet from Yarnspirations is full of monkey-related projects to love, including knit and crochet monkeys to cuddle, monkey hats, and more.
Many of these projects are based off of sock monkeys, which were traditionally made using gray and white athletic socks, stuffed with filling and sewn together. The name is now used for many similar styles of toy stuffed monkeys. These versions are knit and crocheted for a similar look. Plus, there are other monkey patterns too!
- Monkey Toy – A basic monkey crocheted in shades of brown.
- Monkey Around – A classic gray and white knit sock monkey, made in wool.
- Sock Monkey Toy – A crocheted toy with realistic covering.
- Crochet Monkey Decor – A fun blue crochet monkey with big ears.
- Basic Crochet Sock Monkey – A classic gray and white crochet sock monkey.
- Sock Monkey and Baby Hat – A matching crochet beige sock monkey toy and a hat for a baby.
- Love Monkey – A cute little crochet monkey with a heart on its belly.
- Knit Striped Funky Monkey – A classic knit sock monkey style, but in royal blue with stripes on the ends.
- Knit Mini Sock Monkey – A traditional sock monkey in knit in gray, in a miniature size.
- Sock Monkey Ornament – A beige sock monkey crocheted in a tiny version as an ornament.
- Sock Monkey – A knit monkey made in brightly striped sock yarn.
- Monkey Felted Slippers – Slippers that look like monkeys!
- Sock Monkey Blanket – A crocheted blanket with a hood and mitts as part of it.
- Sock Monkey Key Fob – A crochet sock monkey head attached to a key fob.
- Sock Monkey Pillow Pal – A pillow pal to crochet for a kid to hug and sleep on.
- Monkey Around Baby Blanket – A crocheted baby blanket with monkey faces on it.
- Cup Cozy – Cup cozies crocheted with monkey faces.