FINAL clues! Here are the 4, 5 and 6 pm Knit Clue Game Day Mystery Make-along. I decided last minute to delay this post so that I could knit another sample JUST to get to this point where I could take pictures and show you what you need to do. I figured it would make things easier for you. I hope you don’t mind 😉
This is your last clue for the day. Remember you have until 9am MST Feb. 5th to finish your project to win. Be sure to be in the Marly Bird Facebook group and to have your pattern posted on Ravelry. Don’t forget to favorite the pattern too in Ravelry.
Remember, should you have any questions please be sure to post in the Marly’s Minions Facebook Group!
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking one of these links and making a purchase a small portion of that purchase will go to support the blog. The price that you pay does not change. The small commission I make allows me to keep bringing you free patterns like this. Thank you for your continued support.*
4, 5 and 6pm Knit Clue Game Day Mystery Make-along– Pattern–Last two clues!
Designer’s Note: If you have a lot of yarn left and would like a bigger cowl section, just pick up more stitches or knit more sections at this step-your choice!
The next step is to prepare your project for the next step which is to build a cowl on top of the shawl you’ve created! It is super easy just follow along with the instructions below:
- Lay the finished piece down with wrong side facing you.
- Measure in from each end 10” along the wingspan and place a marker (2 markers total) (see photo)
designer note: yes, I know I messed up a couple sections but pay no attention to those “design features” 🙂 Pay close attention to the marker placement.
Now, I promised to write these instructions for both in the round knitters and flat knitters…so find your instructions.
In the round instructions
- Match up the first stitch to the marked stitch on the opposite edge, and match up the last stitch to the marked stitch on the opposite edge (see photo)
2. Once they meet up, use the removable markers to pin the two ends in place at the same point you have marked (see photo)
3. Using 24” circulars, starting in middle of back (between two markers), put needle through both pieces of fabric, (see photo)
4. Pick up and knit 86 stitches evenly around entire wingspan working through both pieces of fabric when you are on that section between the markers. This will join them together similar to a 3 needle bind off.
5. Place a marker on right hand needle to signify the start of the round, and join to work in the round.
Working in the round from here forward–
Knit 4 rounds
Purl 1 round
Repeat last 5 rounds 3 times; then knit 4 round.
Garter Stitch (worked in the round): * knit 1 round, purl 1 round; repeat from *.
Work in Garter Stitch (see special stitches) for 2 inches ending after a purl row.
Bind off loosely.
Weave in ends.
Straight/Flat Knitting instructions
Please note that if you are knitting this straight you will have to seam at the end to close.
With RS of piece facing you, start at the marker and pick up and knit 86 sts to the next marker.
Row 1 (wrong side): Purl
Row 2: Knit
Row 3: Purl
Row 4: Knit
Row 5: Knit
Repeat last 5 rows 3 times, then knit rows 1-4 once.
Garter Stitch (worked flat): Knit every row
Work in Garter Stitch (see special stitches) for 2 inches ending on a wrong side row.
Bind off loosely.
Using the mattress stitch, seam the cowl portion closed at the short edge. Then overlap the 10″ from the outsides like this photo:
Whip stitch these two edges together with the bottom edge of the cowl.
Weave in ends.
WHAT CAN I WIN:
All finished project photos must be submitted by 9am MST Monday February 5th. Winner will be announced on Monday February 5th. US and Canadian residents only.
We will give away one prize package for every 100 finished projects posted (one entry per person please). That means if 400 people post finished projects by midnight we will give away 4 prize packages. The more people that participate the more chances you have to win. Be sure to share the make-along with friends you think will love this.