Starting a new project is a necessity when you finish the project that you are working on. Sometimes you don’t have the next project in mind. Why not take that time, or make special time, to knit for charity. Knitting for charity is a great way to lend your skills to others in need. Making a handmade gift can show that you are giving courage and strength to people who need it most. Here is a collection of 24 FREE knit patterns perfect for charity projects.
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on one of these links and making a purchase a portion will go to the blog. The price you pay will not change and the small commission I receive helps me to keep brining you free content and giveaways on the blog. Thank you for your continued support.*
Knitting for Charity
Knitting for charity not only makes you feel good about what you are doing but also fills a need for many organizations. There are so many people, family and kids that have hit hard times and need some extra help. Putting your knitting skills to work to make helpful items is needed skill.
24 FREE Knitting Project for Charity
Start with one of these 20 FREE knit patterns that are great for charity projects. Always check with the charity that you are making for to see what items they will accept.
- One Evening Beanie | Designed by Knitting with Chopsticks
- His Scarf | Designed by Knitting with Chopsticks
- Broken Rib Hat | Designed by Edie Eckman
- My First Scarf | Designed by Edie Eckman
- Equinox Scarf | Designed by Pink Plumeria Maui
- Whims Ear Warmer | Designed by Briana K Designs
- Grid Beanie | Designed by Cintia Gonzalez
- Retro Legwarmers | Designed by Cinta Gonzalez
- Seed Stitch Hat | Designed by Marly Bird
- Snowboarder Chunky Hat | Designed by Marly Bird
- Suite Knit Hat | Designed by Marly Bird
- Road to Success Knit Hat | Designed by Marly Bird
- Absolute Beginner Chunky Hat | Designed by Marly Bird
- Bashful Knit Lace Hat | Designed by Marly Bird
- Rainbow Knit Hat | FREE from Yarnspirations
- Color Block Family Mittens | FREE from Yarnspirations
- Chevron Scarf | FREE from Yarnspirations
- Basic Knit Scarf | FREE from Yarnspirations
- Basic Knit Ribbed Family Hat | FREE from Yarnspirations
- Convertible Family Mittens | FREE from Yarnspirations
- Double Cuffed Knit Mittens | FREE from Yarnspirations
- Super Slouchy Chic Hat | FREE from Yarnspirations
- Skater Chic Hat | FREE from Yarnspirations
- Easy-Fit Beanie | FREE from Yarnspirations
Best Yarns for Charity Knitting
Please be sure to check each individual charity before making projects for them. Some charities have specifications on the yarn that they will accept. Here are some great acrylic yarn options to make your charity knitting projects.