The hygge crochet mini candy basket is a quick gift you can work up for a teacher, co-worker, or a friend. This basket is a mini version of the larger Hygge Color Block Baskets free pattern from redheart.com.
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking one of the links and making a purchase a small portion will go to support the blog. The price that you pay is not changed. Thank you for your support of the blog.*
Hygge Mini Candy Basket Materials:
- Red Heart With Love
- 3 balls: Papaya (color A)
- 3 balls: Egg Shell (color B)
- Susan Bates Crochet Hook: 6.5mm [US K]
- Bent Tip Yarn needle
Hygge Mini Candy Basket Gauge:
GAUGE: 8 sts = 4″ [10 cm]; 9½ rounds = 4″ [10 cm] in single crochet with 3 strands of yarn held together. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Although this is not an item you will wear and gauge is not a crucial element you will still want to check your gauge to the pattern. The overall fabric of the basket is to be tight and somewhat stiff (so it stands up). If you are getting a bigger gauge than what is indicated in the pattern you should use a smaller hook.
- Original color block basket pattern can be found here: http://bit.ly/2zZzEZx
- Basket is worked in joined rounds, beginning at the center of the base.
- Three strands are held together throughout.
- To change yarn color, working joining slip stitch as follows: Insert hook in first sc, yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook. Proceed with new color. Cut old color, leaving a long tail to weave in later.
Hygge Mini Candy Basket Pattern:
Holding 3 strands together and using color A, chain 3, join with a slip stitch to the first stitch to form a ring.
Pull tails to the inside of the basket and weave in all loose ends.
Fill with candy!
Hygge Mini Candy Basket Video:
This video is for the original hugge color block baskets but I demonstrate how to make the mini candy basket in the video. So, if there is something you need a little help with, you should be able to find it here in the video.