Rainbow babies are a special gift in this world and it is always so special to make them, and mom, a special something to celebrate them. Babies in general are something to celebrate. We can get wrapped up in the excitement of new babies that sometimes we don’t see the loss that is around us. A rainbow baby is a baby that is born after a miscarriage. If you are having your own rainbow baby or know someone that is having theirs make one of these beautiful rainbow baby blanket patterns to celebrate this amazing time.
*THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. BY CLICKING ONE OF THESE LINKS AND MAKING A PURCHASE A SMALL PORTION COMES BACK TO THE BLOG. THE PRICE YOU PAY WILL NOT CHANGE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THE BLOG.*
Miscarriage is a word used to describe the early loss of a pregnancy before 20 weeks of pregnancy. Unfortunately, between 10 and 15 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage.
Miscarriage can be something that people don’t share. It can be very hard on the family to navigate through this loss. When that family is able to have a child it can be a time of uncertainty. Sometimes it can feel hard to celebrate the new child when they have lost before.
One way to celebrate the birth of the rainbow baby, without forgetting those that were lost before, is with a rainbow baby blanket. A handmade blanket is always a wonderful gift for a new mom and baby and rainbow blankets are a special way to show your love.
12 FREE Crochet Rainbow Blankets
- Chasing Rainbows Crochet Baby Blanket Designed by Marly Bird
- Magic Rainbow Baby Blanket Designed by Moogly
- Rainbow Ripple Crochet Blanket Designed by Repeat Crafter Me
- Crochet Rainbow Stripes Baby Blanket Designed by Sewrella
- Sunshine on a Cloudy Day C2C Blanket Designed by Crochetverse
- After the Rain Throw Designed by Quayln Stark for Red Heart (video tutorial by Marly Bird)
- Rainbow Baby Blanket Designed by Heart Hook Home
- Crochet V-Stitch Rainbow Blanket Designed by Repeat Crafter Me
- Crochet Rainbow Stripe Baby Blanket for Yarnspirations
- Honeycomb Baby Rainbow Knit Blanket for Yarnspirations
- Rickrack Rainbow Baby Blanket for Yarnspirations
- Rainbow Crochet Blanket for Yarnspirations
BONUS Rainbow Pattern
I know that baby blankets might not be for everyone but you still want to make something special. Or maybe you are looking for a little something to add to your finished blanket. Ashley from A Crafty Concept has designed these adorable rainbow rattles that you can add to any baby gift.
In this FREE pattern you will find photo tutorials along the way showing you exactly how to work up these cute stuffy.