Starting a new project is a necessity when you finish the project that you are working on. Sometimes you don’t have the next project in mind. Why not take that time, or make special time, to knit for charity. Crocheting for charity is a great way to lend your skills to others in need. Making a handmade gift can show that you are giving courage and strength to people who need it most. Here is a collection of 24 FREE crochet patterns perfect for charity projects.
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on one of these links and making a purchase a portion will go to the blog. The price you pay will not change and the small commission I receive helps me to keep brining you free content and giveaways on the blog. Thank you for your continued support.*
Crochet for Charity
Crochet for charity not only makes you feel good about what you are doing but also fills a need for many organizations. There are so many people, family and kids that have hit hard times and need some extra help. Putting your crochet skills to work to make helpful items is needed skill.
24 FREE Crochet Projects for Charity
Start with one of these 20 FREE crochet patterns that are great for charity projects. Always check with the charity that you are making for to see what items they will accept.
- Easy Children’s Crochet Beanies | Designed by Rich Textures Crochet
- Easy Winter Beanies | Designed by Rich Textures Crochet
- Fighter and Survivor Graph Beanies | Designed by Sincerely, Pam
- Hard Candy Slippers | Designed by ACCROchet
- Colour Block Slippers | Designed by ACCROchet
- Interlocking Block Stitch Hat & Scarf | Designed by Edyth Blayn
- Beanie for Preemies | Designed by Heart Hook HOme
- Beanie Infants-Adult Size | Designed by Fobas Designs
- Basketweave Beanie | Designed by Han Jan Crochet
- Elmview Shawl |Designed by Sincerely, Pam
- Mustard Mitts | Designed by Han Jan Crochet
- Lemon Peel Sweater | Designed by Needle Klankers
- Mossy Ridge Infinity Scarf | Designed by Needle Klankers
- SUNday | Designed by Rows and Roses
- Tunisian Beanie Preemie to Adult | Designed by With Alex
- Susan Wrist Warmers | Designed by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
- Floret Stitch Ear Warmer | Designed by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
- Criss Cross Stitch Infinity Scarf | Designed by Loops and Love Crochet
- Puff Stitch Ear Warmer | Designed by Loops and Love Crochet
- Peek A Boo Beanie | Designed by Knitting with Chopsticks
- Spirit Earflap Hat | Designed by The Nicole Chase
- Norse Crochet Mittens | Designed by The Loopy Lamb
- Twisted Shells Ear Warmer | Designed by The Loopy Lamb
- Easy-On Crochet Mittens | Designed by Oombawka Designs
Best Yarns for Charity Crochet
Please be sure to check each individual charity before making projects for them. Some charities have specifications on the yarn that they will accept. Here are some great acrylic yarn options to make your charity knitting projects.