As knitters we have a few very important tools that we work with all of the time. Our yarn and knitting needles, and the combination of the two, can make or break a project. Today we are going to talking about the Best Knitting Needles for the beginner or advanced knitter. There are a variety of different knitting needles, their pros and cons, and let you make a decision on what works best for you.
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on one of these links and making a purchase a portion will go to the blog. The price you pay will not change and the small commission I receive helps me to keep brining you free content and giveaways on the blog. Thank you for your continued support.*
The Best Knitting Needles for the beginner or advanced knitter
Choosing the right knitting needle set is of top importance when getting tools for your craft. There are many choice to pick from and we wanted to share with you a variety of them that we have been working with.
Consider what material you like best and how much you want to spend to start. Although it may seem like an interchangeable set is expensive, add up what you would be paying to purchase each of the needles individual for a comparison. Don’t forget to include multiples of each size need for different cord lengths.
Knitting Needles for Beginners
After taking a look at all of the needles we suggest that you start with one of the Knitter’s Pride Knitting Needles for your first set of interchangeable. They are a reasonable price point and you will be happy with their quality.
Knitters Pride has a great company and reputation and you can find them at most of your local yarn shops as well. Try out your favorites and play around with the material you like the best.
Things to Consider
Before you purchase you first set think about what you want from your needles. Think about the material that you like best-plastic, wood, or metal. Do you want a sharp or blunt tip to your needle. Depending if you do a lot of lace work your answer might be different.
What else is important to you? Do you want a small tip set so that you can travel with it easier? Be sure to think about the size of your hand that you don’t get needle tips that are too short and cause discomfort while knitting.
Knitting Needle Brands
Knitter’s Pride Knitting Needles
- Deluxe Ginger Needle Set (wood)
- Royale Set (wood with metal tips)
- Zing (metal)
- Marblz (plastic)
- Karbonz (metal)
- Dreamz (wood) *we voted these as The Best Knitting Needles for the beginner knitter outside of a big box store*
Susan Bates Knitting Needles
- Circular Needles (metal)
- Straight Needles (metal) *we voted these as The Best Knitting Needle for beginner knitter from a big box store*
- Straight Needles (acrylic)
Brittany Knitting Needles
Denise Knitting Needles
- Interchangeable Set (plastic) *Katelyn voted these as best knitting needles for beginner*
- 2Go Mini Tips (plastic)
ChaioGoo Knitting Needles
- Interchangeable Twist Red Lace Set (metal)
- Shorties (metal)
- Interchangeable Spin Set (wood) *we didn’t show these but they are available*
- Fixed Red Lace Circular Knitting Needles *we didn’t show these but they are available*
Signature Needle Arts Needles
- Square Needle with Firm Cable (metal)
- Square Needle with Soft Cable (metal)
- Interchangeable Set
- Square Needle DPN
Indian Lake Artisans
- Single Point (straight) Hexagonal Handcrafted Needles
- Double Pointed Hexagonal Handcrafted Needles
- Circular Needles Hexagonal Handcrafted Needles
- Interchangeable Hexagonal Handcrafted Needles
Hiya Hiya (honorable mention)
- 4″ Sharp Interchangeable Needle Set
- 5″ Sharp Limited Edition Deluxe Interchangeable Needle Set
- SO MANY OTHER SETS AT A VARIOUS PRICES!
We are trying something a little different this time with the giveaway. If you want to win the two Kollage needles that we are talked about on the YouTube Video, please fill out the form below.
The winner has been contacted, please check your emails. You have 48 hours to reply to our email with your mailing address or we will select a new winner.
The giveaway will run through midnight MST on December 30, 2018.
Giveaway is only open to US residents ONLY. You must enter your name and email address into the form so that we can contact the winner. By filling out your email address you are giving us permission to email you at a later time if you are the winner or for other promotional emails.