Stitchers have a long history of making items for charity. Warm hats, scarves, mittens, and more are welcome and comforting gifts, and show that someone is thinking of the recipient. And when you want to make something but don’t know who to give it to, a charity is a great choice!
These 18 crochet charity patterns are a mix of items for different purposes. Hats could go to cancer patients, or charities making sure that people are warm in winter. Shawls can be used for prayer shawl ministries. Other items could go to women’s shelters. Make sure you check requirements of the charity before you donate: some may have restrictions on the type of yarn you use or which items they’re currently accepting.
Free Crochet Charity Hat Patterns
These hats work for a variety of situations: cancer patients, NICUs, homeless shelters, women’s shelters, refugees who just moved and don’t have winter clothes, families with growing kids who need some help, or other situations. Adding or removing pompoms is a great way to customize how the hats look as well.
- Chic and Simple Perfect Hat by Marly Bird
- Spencer Beanie by Ashley Edmonds
- Slip Stitch Beanie by HanJan Crochet
- Ombre Beanie by The Purple Poncho
- Chevron Peaks Slouch by A Crocheted Simplicity
- Napoly Hat by Blue Star Crochet
- Basketweave Baby Beanie by Raffamusa Designs
- Easy Children’s Crochet Hat by Rich Textures Crochet
- Granite Stitch Hat & Cowl by Blackstone Designs
- Spiral Style Hat by Crafting Each Day
- Jasmine Beanie by Ned & Mimi
Free Charity Accessory Patterns
These varied charity patterns are good for different types of charities! The face scrubbies and slippers can be used for care packages for hospital or hospice patients or other people who live in care facilities. Mittens and fingerless gloves are welcomed by shelters and even some food banks to give out, while a prayer shawl ministry would appreciate the shawls.
- Face Scrubbies by Desert Blossom Crafts
- Harlequin Slippers by My Poppet
- Norse Crochet Mittens by The Loopy Lamb
- Tunisian Fade Shawl by With Alex
- Paige Triangle Shawl by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
- Autumn Crunch Fingerless Gloves by Pine Tree Crochet
- Rainbow Sprinkles Crescent Shawl by Marly Bird
[…] 18 FREE Charity Crochet Patterns […]