I was really excited to start my own yarn line. Of course, when I did, I also designed a variety of free patterns to best showcase this yarn. For example, enjoy the Curvaceously Chic Knit Hat free pattern. This cable knit hat free pattern showcases the yarn color perfectly. You end up with all-over cable knit texture that is fun to craft, beautiful to wear, and oh so warm.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click one and make a purchase, I get a portion of the sale. Your price never changes. Thank you for your support.
Chic Sheep Knit Hat Free Patterns
Chic Sheep Yarn is perfect for knitting hats. It has bold color with lots of options in the palette. Moreover, I designed the yarn to feel amazing to the touch. Therefore, you’ll enjoy knitting with it. It’s also washable and you can even dry it in the machine. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about getting your hat dirty.
If you’ve seen my Capriciously Chic Knit Hat free pattern, then you may have noticed the Curvaceously Chic Knit Hat. After all, some of the photos showcase two models, one in each of these free knit hat patterns. Whereas Capriciously Chic is a two-tone hat, this cable knit hat free pattern uses one color all over to emphasize the texture of the design. Each hat showcases cables in a different way.
About the Curvaceously Chic Knit Hat
More than anything else, I wanted this hat to be happy. It’s particularly great for when the winter is dragging on too long and you need a burst of joy. The bold color choice is where the joy starts. Then you’ve got the super fun pom at the top, which always adds delight to a design. Finally, the all-over cable texture makes the hat both warm and touchable.
Working the Cables for this Knit Hat
You’ll work two different cables to create the texture for this hat:
- 2/2 LC (2 over 2 left cross) = Slip next 2 sts to cable needle and hold in front, k2 from left needle, then k2 from cable needle.
- 2/2 RC (2 over 2 right cross) = Slip next 2 sts to cable needle and hold in back, k2 from left needle, then k2 from cable needle.
You’ll alternate these two different cable stitches with knit stitch to create the all-over texture of this cable knit hat free pattern.
Materials for The Cable Knit Hat Free Pattern
If you’re ready to knit this hat then here’s what you’ll need:
- Red Heart® Chic Sheep by Marly Bird™
- Susan Bates® Circular Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7] and 5mm [US 8], 16″ (40.5 cm)
- Susan Bates® Double Pointed Needles: One set 5mm [US 8]
- Cable Needle
- Yarn needle
- Susan Bates® split lock stitch markers
- Susan Bates® Easy Pom Pom Maker, 11⁄2″ (4 cm)
- Free Curvaceously Chic Knit Hat Pattern
Get the Curvaceously Chic Knit Hat Free Pattern
Are you ready to start knitting this hat? Get the cable knit hat free pattern here or click the image below: