Chic Highland Argyle Cardigan is a classic, cozy argyle knit cardigan – very basic except for the argyle patterning on the front pieces but with the video help from Anne Berk of Annetarsia Knits even an adventurous beginner can make this! On trend in every way, this cardigan is designed to be over-sized and light-weight. Perfect for layering over any outfit.
Intarsia Videos by Anne Berk
- Determining Yarn Amounts for Butterflies: https://youtu.be/swsoUuKQOes
- Winding butterflies: https://youtu.be/P-i2T5IxL3Q
- How to Finish Perfect Intarsia: https://youtu.be/hxYe0gNIUww
- How to Knit Straight Intarsia: https://youtu.be/hLbfjLV1PIc
- How to Bury In Ends: https://youtu.be/8_NBGUKjO-E
- For more information and patterns, check out “Annetarsia Knits: A New Link to Intarsia (available at www.annetarsia.com)”
*THIS PATTERN IS ALSO FREE ON THE WEBSITE. THIS IS THE AD-FREE PDF PURCHASE*
MEASUREMENTS OF CHIC HIGHLAND ARGYLE KNIT CARDIGAN
To Fit Sizes
36 (40, 44, 48, 54, 60, 64)” [91.5 (101.5, 112, 122, 137, 152.5, 162.5) cm]
Finished Bust Circumference
40 (44, 48, 54, 60, 65, 70)” [101.5 (112, 122, 137, 152.5, 165, 178) cm]
- Designed with 4-6″ [10-15 cm] positive ease
- Sample is modeled on a size 40” [101.5 cm] bust with 4” [10 cm] positive ease
Yarn Gauge (an Annetarsia technique for knowing how many inches of yarn used per stitch <watch video explaining this here>) used for yardage calculations: 0.72
18 sts and 28 rows = 4” [10 cm] in blocked stockinette. To save time, check gauge, and adjust needle size accordingly.
Important note about gauge: measure the unblocked gauge, and measure gauge again after blocking. Gauge may change significantly, especially on the front pieces, so trust your BLOCKED gauge, and count rows, not inches, for best results.
MATERIALS FOR CHIC HIGHLAND ARGYLE KNIT CARDIGAN
You can use any yarn or needles you wish for your cardigan but it is important to note that this argyle cardigan is knit with a soft and springy 100% washable merino yarn which may look differently than if you use 100% acrylic. A natural wool really is the best choice when making this Chic Highland Argyle Cardigan.
❤️ Red Heart Chic Sheep by Marly Bird™: 5 (5, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7) skeins Velvet (MC) , 1 skein Sangria – dark (CC1) , 1 skein Fairy Tale – light (CC2), 1 skein Green Tea (AC)
US Size 7 (4.5 mm) make sure to use the same needles for your swatch that you will use for your cardigan.
- waist yarn for swatch
- stitch markers
- 12 size ¾” buttons (sample uses LaMode brand #513)
- yarn needle for seaming
- chenille needle for burying ends <watch video to learn how to do this magical technique>