Knit Stars is a 3-week, all-online, global learning event that takes place every year. The format and feature-film quality is like nothing else in the fiber space – a real treat for all of the senses, featuring the world’s leading Knit Stars. Let’s check out the knitting classes and my crochet class that is part of Knit Stars 4.0.
*THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. BY CLICKING ONE OF THESE LINKS AND MAKING A PURCHASE A SMALL PORTION COMES BACK TO THE BLOG. THE PRICE YOU PAY WILL NOT CHANGE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THE BLOG.*
What Is Knit Stars:
Knit Stars is a 3-week, all-online, global learning event that takes place every year. Each year, over the past three years, there has been a different theme and collection of AMAZING teachers that come together in your living room to teach you new things.
Virtual learning is a great way to make this material accessible to more people. You will notice that the price of Knit Stars is more than what you would pay at a physical location, but that is because you get 11 classes with your purchase and not just one.
Really when you break it down by class you are getting an extreme value. Saving not only time but money by being able to stay home and still get the benefits of learning something new. Come learn something new with me and 10 other talented teachers with Knit Stars 4.0.
Why Take Knitting Classes or Crochet Classes:
Taking knitting classes or crochet classes is a great way to learn new things and from a different perspective. Take something as simple as tying your shoe. Depending on who is teaching you the method will be different but the end result will be similar.
Even if you have taken a similar class before, having a new teacher will give you a different perspective and teach you new tricks along the way.
I LOVE in person classes and getting to chat with everyone but there are benefits to virtual classes. Virtual classes allow you to learn from the comfort of your own home. You also get to watch the lessons as many times as you like and pause and restart them as you like. With Knit Stars you also get a Facebook community so you can still chat along with your classmates.
Who is Teaching in Knit Stars 4.0:
Each season/year of Knit Stars there is a whole new collection of teachers. Each teacher has a class that relates back to the overall theme of the year and is different from what has been taught in the previous 3 seasons.
- Pacomarca: Meet the Alpacas!
- Martha Wissing: Make a Chullo-style Hat with Cupped Tassels
- Susan B. Anderson: Seamless Toy Knitting Techniques
- Marly Bird: Shop Less, Mend More: Extend Your Wardrobe’s Lifespan by Mending with Crochet
- Blue Sky Fibers: Connect, Create and Cable with Blue Sky Fibers
- Manos Del Uruguay: Hand Dyeing the Manos way
- Lucy Neatby: Two-color Double Knitting
- Hannah Thiessen: Slow knitting, Natural Dyes and Mending your Knits
- Andrea Wong: Portuguese-style knitting
- BONUS workshop just added! Diane Ivey: Guide to Moving Forward: From Social Media to Building More Inclusive Communities
- Caitlin Hunter: Traditional Colorwork, Reinvented (Caitlin’s workshop debuts February, 2020 but is still included as part of Knit Stars 4.0!)
What I am Teaching in Knit Stars 4.0:
This time around I am not teaching a knitting class, I am the crochet instructor. Each season there is one crochet class and this year I was chosen for that role.
I will be teaching you how to use crochet to mend your clothing and give them a longer life. Throughout this season we are talking about sustainability. Making patches to fix holes or adding length to get more use out of a garment are all ways we can use our craft to be more sustainable.
What Do I Get With Knit Stars 4.0:
Besides the fact that you will get to take an awesome class with me should sign up for Knit Stars 4.0 you will also get a variety of other benefits from joining the event.
- Inspirational behind-the-scenes footage from the Stars’ private studios, workspaces and farms
- Ten full step-by-step workshops to take your skills to the next level
- Special 11th BONUS workshop on Building More Inclusive Communities
- Live Q&A’s with the Stars (two events)
- The super-positive, global Knit Stars private Facebook community
- A chance to purchase exclusive custom-dyed yarns from the KS4.0 marketplace
- Exclusive bonus patterns, discounts and more
How Do I Sign Up:
Signing up is the easiest part!!! Once you have decided that you just can’t miss out on Knit Stars 4.0 just use my link (click on the image below) and let them know that you heard about the event from me!
When you click this link to sign up you can also include the past three years as well for a discounted price! Talk about a win-win!!! I can’t wait to have you join me in class!
Knit Stars 4.0 Sneek Peek:
Past Knit Stars Seasons:
Purchase any one of the Knit Stars Events right now! Become Knit Stars All Star when you collect all 4 season!
- Knit Stars-The First Event
- Knit Stars 2.0-Needles Flying
- Knit Stars 3.0-North Star Rising
- Knit Stars 4.0-Alpaca My Bags