Creating a prayer shawl is a beautiful way to share your love with someone else, even when you can’t be with them. Wether you are making the shawl for a troubling time or a time to celebrate here are 10 FREE Crochet Prayer Shawl Patterns that you can make and share with those that need it.
*THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. BY CLICKING ONE OF THESE LINKS AND MAKING A PURCHASE A SMALL PORTION COMES BACK TO THE BLOG. THE PRICE YOU PAY WILL NOT CHANGE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THE BLOG.*
What is a Prayer Shawl
Prayer shawl, peace shawl, comfort shawl. Although there are many names the meaning is all the same. At its roots prayers shawls are wearable hugs.
Typically a prayer shawl is made for someone that is going through a tough time or a really happy time. We make prayer shawls for people we know and love to show that we are thinking about them and supporting them through whatever they are dealing with.
In most cases while you are working on your shawl, or wrap, you will think about the person that it is going to. Maybe you say a prayer, repeat a song, put loving words and feelings into each stitch so that they can be given to the person who the shawl is for.
FREE Crochet Pray Shawl Patterns
- Spring Shells Shawl by Jessie at Home
- Honeycomb Shawl by Ashley Leither
- Primrose and Proper Easy Triangle Shawl by Kirsten Holloway Designs
- Rivers Shawl by Rich Textures Crochet
- Misty River Shawl by Same Di Namics
- Marciana Lace Prayer Shawl by The Underground Crafter
- Reversible C2C Prayer Rap Cardigan by Loopingly Made
- Blessings Ombre Shawl by Posh Pooch Designs
- Venus Shell Easy Crochet Shawl by Salty Pearl Crochet
- Gentle Solace Prayer Shawl by Oombawka Designs