This week, Marly was on location in Golden at the offices for Love of Knitting and Love of Crochet, and spoke with their wonderful editor-in-chief Jennifer Burt.
Jennifer was so wonderful to sit down and talk with Marly about all the ins and outs of things at the Love of Knitting and Love of Crochet offices and what it takes for them to put out these magazines every year. So many different aspects were discussed, what goes into putting the magazine(s) together, what steps are involved in choosing submissions and Marly is doing everything in her power to make her way into the offices for “naming day” to watch how chosen patterns are named for each magazine.
Currently going on for the Love of Knitting/Love of Crochet folks, the summer issues of their magazines are currently out, and then coming up for the magazines are the fall and winter issues as well as two special issues! One being a special issue for wedding related projects in mid-June, and another weekend crochet issue in mid-July. In the weekend crochet issue, they have a side by side comparison of knitting projects vs crochet projects to debunk the myth that crochet uses double the yarn that a knit project does, and that it goes twice as fast. (Hint: it does go faster, but that double number is about to be changed!)
You can pick up the current issues of Love of Knitting and Love of Crochet in your local craft stores, including JoAnn Fabrics, Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, as well as local big bookstores.
Now, if you’d rather have a subscription to their wonderful magazine(s), you are a lucky listener! There are THREE different ways to enter for a chance to win a subscription to their magazines!
- As usual, leaving a comment here on the blog with the key word/phrase given by Jen, and that winner will be announced next week.
- Comment on Love of Knitting or Love of Crochet’s Facebook pages, also using the same key word/phrase.
- Comment on Marly’s Facebook page, and be entered to win, and if you enter on this page, Marly will draw a name THIS Friday (May 24th).
www.loveofknitting.com is their website, and there is a link in the upper right hand corner for the Love of Crochet links as well.
Next Week on the podcast: Kristin Omdahl!
- Like this podcast? Be sure to leave a comment/review on iTunes to let other know about it!
- Stay up to date with the Yarn Thing podcast with the App available on iTunes and for Droid.
- Find our more about Marly at www.MarlyBird.com or follow her on facebook at www.facebook.com/marlybird
This podcast is sponsored by: Knitter’s Magazine, Craftsy.com, Fiesta Yarns, Kollage Yarns, Decades by Drew Emborsky, Love of Knitting, Love of Crochet and Bijou Basin Ranch.